enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor

From: Clarence \"Sparr\" Risher
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:36:44 -0600

On Feb 4, 2008 9:18 AM, Erich Schubert <address@hidden> wrote:
> In my opinion, both the gameplay and probably the code is designed to
> be used with a mouse.
> I tried playing enigma with the trackpoint of my old IBM laptop, it was a
> pain.
> Enigma often requires you to do certain mouse accelerations that work
> well with a mouse (though mouse quality and settings can make quite
> some difference I guess) that you might not be able to reproduce with
> the tilt sensors, thus making these levels even unsolveable. This
> especially means rapid and forceful acceleration to push stones around
> and continuous strong acceleration to defeat gravity and other
> constant acceleration in some levels. Therefore I wouldn't assume it
> can easily be made playable with either joysticks or tilt devices, but
> I might be wrong.

I just wanted to point out that my enigma port takes marble control
input from a 8-way d-pad, and that works acceptably well.  A joystick
can't be any worse.  I am currently working on a universal
joystick/keyboard/etc input patch for enigma, so that it is more
portable in general, and I have already had people tell me that they
want to use my results with a tile sensor on the gp2x.