enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] level submission: minesweeper

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] level submission: minesweeper
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:36:08 +0200

Hi,

thank you, this level is really interesting!
I particularly like that it's not exactly Minesweeper, but
twisted by a typically Enigmian obstacle: You can "open"
only those tiles which are adjacent to another "open"
tile (or the border).

But there's one fundamental problem: It's not always
solvable. Minesweeper in itself is not always solvable,
and the above peculiarity worsens this ... I thought about
this since yesterday, but can't come up with a good
idea yet ...

Well, maybe some kind of "inverse Minesweeper":
You see all tiles and their numbers (numbers also on the
mine-fields), have to touch those without mines, after
which these numbers disappear. Provided that the border
is mine-free and that the set of mine-free tiles is connected,
we can proove solvability. But that's not Minesweeper
anymore.

Best greets,
Andreas

Brian Huffman schrieb:
Hello all,

This is my first post to the enigma-devel list.

I have attached a level that I wrote, which lets you essentially play minesweeper within Enigma. I have tested it with Enigma 1.01. Please let me know what you think.

- Brian