epsilon-announce

[epsilon-announce] stocking sparseness

From: Archibald Pickett
Subject: [epsilon-announce] stocking sparseness
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:13:10 -0700

In which somehow, he felt, Sir Bussy might still survive,transfigured, perhaps, but surviving. His hands were deep in his pockets and his head swayed dreamily. Hes always turning back the bedclothes and having a goodlook for himself, but its never any good. Few men are worthyof this great trust, but Mr.
Parham hadgone to his first lunch at Marmion House.
It became intimate; it became suggestively obscene.
Parham and his partner circled smiling about him twice beforehe became aware of them.
We are too near theband for talking, he said. I wouldnt object to havingquite a lot of them about in Carfex House. You have a word of kindly praise or mild contempt forthe foolish multitude of writers. Parham realized his pessimism had been premature. Were going to this tennis place with Tremayne, the pretty girlsannounced together. Byzantine solemnity, he repeated after Mr.
Im not going to lie down infront of it and worship. Parham caught the eye of an old friend and did not answer hishosts last remark. Lets go and look at some pictures, said Sir Bussy. He would give them a chance under that plea. The lunch had none of the quiet orderliness of a West-End lunchparty.
Anyhow, we might sit in a corner together andyou tell me something about Women.
A young mistress is better than an old master, eh?