epsilon-announce

[epsilon-announce] absurdly liberalism

From: Lillian Hudson
Subject: [epsilon-announce] absurdly liberalism
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 19:22:21 +0200

Lie down, Chief, said Laleela, there, behind that rock; and youalso, Pag, for so you will be safer. But such was not the purpose of the red-haired men, as presently hewas to learn. Had such been his desire, surely hewould have told me, who speaks to me of no such matters. It may be so, said Wi, but I am not sure. All this while the Red-Beards had been jabbering together, makingtheir plans.
At this moment Moananga came up and was also made to lie down. But when he had gone and she knew that she was alone, she smiled nolonger. This counsel seemed to move many; indeed, some departed at once. Only, if ever he learned that he, Pag,had loosed the stone that crushed Laleela, what then?
Nay, she sat down, covered her lovely eyes with her hands, andwept.
I haveanother counsel, if it pleases you to hear it.
Then Moananga said:I am chief in this matter.
At length dawn came, a wretched dawn, gray and verycold, although the rain had ceased. Now Wi looked bemused, for this thought of folk fighting against eachother was strange to him. To shore now, and quickly,for I think that they are very fierce.
Had such been his desire, surely hewould have told me, who speaks to me of no such matters. Then he went out to the woods, taking Moananga with him. Atleast, you would not die at once, though in the end they might killand eat you. I think he has gone out to quell some trouble among the people, Pag.
Now Pag laughed hoarsely, saying:There are oaths and oaths.
Yes, I am clever; if I were not I should have been dead long ago.
Aye, said Pag, and there comes the trouble.
Well, who am I to talk ofsuch matters, of which as a wolf-man I can know nothing? So the old she-wolf went away, and presently Pag went also. Pag howled again in a lower note, butstill the wolf seemed doubtful.
All she understood was that by herwas one whom she had suckled. Lie down, Chief, said Laleela, there, behind that rock; and youalso, Pag, for so you will be safer.
Doubtless Laleela is hid in some hole orbeneath thick trees, and will return at dawn. Behold, it was Laleela, clad inher blue cloak and holding a spear in her hand.
Pag howled again in a lower note, butstill the wolf seemed doubtful.
Know that I have been muchtroubled about you. He waited a while, pretending to eat his food, which he could nottouch. So the only thingto do was to run away at once and hide in the woods.
But such was not the purpose of the red-haired men, as presently hewas to learn. How can I thank you forthat which is not?
There is always trouble among your people.
She did not guide them; she fled before them, exclaimed Wi angrily.
Now Wi looked bemused, for this thought of folk fighting against eachother was strange to him.
So the only thingto do was to run away at once and hide in the woods.
Then she paused breathless and the canoe glided up to him.