epsilon-announce

[epsilon-announce] give

From: Ik Woodward
Subject: [epsilon-announce] give
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:24:05 +0100

Steak and eggs, replied Stan in a flat, toneless voice.
Twoyoung women of the gimme type were gazing with bright, lizard eyes atour table. I wasbeginning to get a bit nasty tempered, when the front door opened andStanley came in.
Somebody had been kicking my hat about the road andI noticed that the gate hung by only one hinge.
I strolled into the kitchen two or three times.
Here was fellowship and a friendin time of need. He was startled but soon regained his normal nimbleness ofmind.
Steak was squashed, anyhow, and Stanley regarded me with additionalrespect. Or I could start him off in thePublic Service.
Not a hard mouth, buta mouth that knew its way about.
Then of course, onewouldnt be with the elephants all the time. Still thinking, I got my hat and we sneaked out and headed for steakand eggs and freedom.
When, asked Steak, is le garcon coming avec les snifters? It doesnt sound much, justto say, I fell asleep, but married men will understand.
Well, Stanley, if youve made up your mind thats all there is aboutit, cut in Gertrude.
That is to say, hed be fool enough to getcaught.
Its a pleasure to meet an intelligent waiter.
Twoyoung women of the gimme type were gazing with bright, lizard eyes atour table. We exchanged places and remarks about the weather.
CHAPTER IVStanley has made a complete mess of things.