epsilon-announce

[epsilon-announce] etiquette

From: Aloys Sloan
Subject: [epsilon-announce] etiquette
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:57:26 +0300

I thought it must be an accident and cried in terror, Mr.
Ihad witnessed domestic bliss in the metropolis; now I hastened to seekit in rural seclusion. The arrival of other guests cut short this scenewhich was so amusing to all but me.
Meanwhile his wifes auntwas telling me the story of his illness.
As he spoke, he put hishands in his pockets again and waddled ahead. I put my arms around them and my tears fell ontheir fair, curly heads. I hastened over to the house; he was still lying inthe bloody bed with his breast pierced. He was standing with his face toward the door and his back leaningagainst his escritoire. He let go my shoulders, and walked quickly with clenched hands round andround the room.
Meanwhile his wifes auntwas telling me the story of his illness. The twoyoungest were invited out to friends in town. He looked at methoughtfully, but said nothing. Before the chiefleft me, he gave me various kind and fatherly admonitions.
When I visited him the next morning he was lying in bed, undressed butwide awake.
No, Miss Lammestrup was truly a model of graceful proportionsboth as to her face and figure.
The whiteness of the dress is gone and so is the flush of the cheeks. I stayed with him till far into the night.
The distressed mother set the child down, andtears streamed from her eyes. But presently a flood of tears relievedthe pressure at her heart. I have awakened from a long, sweet dream. There was silence for a good quarter of an hour.