epsilon-announce

[epsilon-announce] neutralize

From: Rasmus Latham
Subject: [epsilon-announce] neutralize
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:01:01 +0200

I made up my mind to take Bissa-tee, the zoologist, into myconfidence.
Ahundred times we had hair-breadth escapes from Ecitons. We found we were not alone in this margin of theforest.
It was the nest of a trogon andcontained young birds. As forourselves, the High Command, we never ate for weeks and weeks.
Both Bissa-tee and myself were, a moment later, clingingto the rough paper cover of the cylinder. One moreincident I must record on account of its ludicrous effect. Anna-zee, ourbotanist, indulged in inexhaustible mirth at the expense of theseliving corpses. As he lifted me close to his eye, I saw Assa-ree clearingthe moat in a single, magnificent leap. The ground shook with the rapid and ponderous tread ofsome large animal, presumably a mammal. Undoubtedly he had been where we saw him from thebeginning. This interval having elapsed, I called a council which I invitedAssa-ree to attend.
Up to this point I had been so fascinated by what was going on thatI had no eyes for anything else.
This interval having elapsed, I called a council which I invitedAssa-ree to attend. Undoubtedly he had been where we saw him from thebeginning.
Thenext moment I was, like Bissa-tee, flung to the ground.
But Assa-ree had provided for everything. I hardly know how I managed to attendto what she was endeavouring to convey to me.
The master had risenand was bending over the wounded arm. On leaving the Wawaqueenses we had gone straight north. Assa-ree, however, ran down the perpendicular flank of the beetleand out on the water.
Whateverdata could be secured without trigonometric calculations had allalong been recorded.
Every detail applies to the north end of Fonseca Bay, on thePacific coast. Itwas a hardship which we bore cheerfully for the sake of the cause. The Ecitons werestill rushing wildly about.
Now I cast a fleeting glance atBissa-tee.
The spread between the temperatures at noon and midnighthad also increased.
But thegeographical details given point to a more northern location.
Returned to our temporary dwelling, I shut myself up in the queenschamber. Howsuch a gash can be produced I have of course no means of telling. We found we were not alone in this margin of theforest. As it turned out, this gesture of menace was exactly what the humanwanted to produce.