epsilon-announce

[epsilon-announce] ominous

From: Nik Beach
Subject: [epsilon-announce] ominous
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:16:56 +0200

Over the next few weeks I'll be talking about ways you can help. The light always seems richer, more luminous, when I shoot with the fisheye. And thanks for hanging in there.
There's something sensual and meaningful about film photos that I just can't imagine digital ever replicating.
They certainly can't read this blog to find out!
It's both good and important.
I just returned from a few hours at Gladstone Coffee. Yes I will respond eventually.
But far more importantly, I own fabulous lenses. When I knit, like a knitting blogger I met last Wednesday said, I "brood.
By the time I boarded the airplane and finished the Wall Street Journal I was a little frantic.
I don't love them every instant. Then I got a passion for management, I got my MBA and started working for startups of various flavors. Let's be frank here: cute is the death of children's style.
And expect more content here. And one of the things I think: how much, how very much, I want to write.
At their hearts, though, they're the same establishment: a coffee shop that serves healthy food, the kind of food that nearly every parent is o. I'm working for Weblogs, Inc. But it struck me much more deeply, and it inspired me in a whole different vein. The hat for which I brought ingredients, I predict, will be finished even sooner.
Evidently they sell it there.
So expect better things from me.
I will, because it's so enjoyable, persist in creating these things, in photographing people, and even do it for pay.
I will still be blogging, on a much-reduced basis, for Blogging Baby and Slashfood.
I was making less, it's true, than my salary would be had I taken that job at Merrill Lynch in New York City.
It was also purchased on eBay and I haven't been tagging those photos on flickr yet. On one side, we have Linda Hirshman, who has the position that feminism is being undermined by "elite" women who choose to stay at home.
How would this mod couch work out with Truman climbing all over it?
It's both good and important. Film has a connectedness with light, chemistry, earth, history, tangibility.