equinox-devel

[Equinox-devel] deduce diamond

From: Trudy Kaufman
Subject: [Equinox-devel] deduce diamond
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:31:11 -0000

Perhaps there should have been a discussion. Von Barheims once doubtful hold upon power lost any elementof doubt.
That wasthe next most urgent thing before him.
Perhaps they did not think, but just went on withtheir job in its new aspect. But, at any rate, they had done what they were made todo.
The inertias of British foreign policy were tremendous. These big ships were fighting now atdistances of two miles or less; some were in actual contact. Imperceptibly the energy of the conflict ebbed. The British, he thought, were swinging round to fight. Further were an outer circle of messengers,waiting rooms for visitors, and the like.
They found themselves underorders to cease fire and make for the nearest base.
There was no cooperation in this work between theBritish and Americans.
The brisk young secretary returned to the President. Theykeep their form; they still embody imperial purpose.
To be driven underground in thisfashion is already half defeat.
The early raiders used only highexplosives.
A torrent of patriotrecruits should be pouring into the army from every position inlife.
And so the Battle of the North Atlantic came to its impotentconclusion.
What did such and suchcommander know when he gave this or that order?
I had counted on trusty allies, and Ifind I must take precautions against them.
What had happened since tothe spirit and outlook of our people?