erw-devel

Re: [Erw-devel] 1.0b2 problem with XP & IE6

From: erw-devel
Subject: Re: [Erw-devel] 1.0b2 problem with XP & IE6
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:38:59 +1100

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 22:23, you wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 05:26, address@hidden wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been told over the phone about a problem with the main browse
> > lists after I upgraded an ERW installation from 0.9.9b3 to 1.0b2
> > (on Debian 3.0, Apache 1.3.26, php 4.1.2, mysql 3.23.49).
>
> Another important point: can you try with 1.0b3 from the Savannah
> download area?

Hi,

Thanks for your advice on this problem.  The laptop that experienced the
problem went on holidays for 2 weeks, but now that it has returned I have the
more recent ERW 1.0.2 on the web server.
The user of the laptop was able to use IE on Windows XP (same as before) with
the main browse lists with no problems and was unable to reproduce the
problem I reported on this list.

> I tried here with the same Explorer release on XP and everything worked
> fine (with 1.0b3). Is there any possibility of an old script lurking
> around?

As the web server is being used daily in a software development project I'm
unable to revert to erw 1.0b2 to retest this for some time.  But I also
suspect an old script cached by IE or a proxy caused the problem so I may not
need to go back to 1.0b2.

Jason.