erw-devel

Re: [Erw-devel] javascript error in IE

From: erw-devel
Subject: Re: [Erw-devel] javascript error in IE
Date: 16 Nov 2003 11:46:08 +0100

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 04:38, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A user of an ERW database has reported occaisonally seeing the following
> error message in IE6 when navigating back through a series of entity forms
> (see example below).   The server is running ERW 1.0.2, linux, apache, mysql,
> etc.
>
> Line 2
> Char 46
> Error: The callee (server [not application]) is not available and
> disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute.
> Code: 0

>From what I've found (but I still didn't to any testing) it's a window
naming problem. I use different names for all windows (appending the
current number of milliseconds), so I think this could happen ONLY if
the user closes the windows *in a different order* than that in which
they were opened. Could you check that this is not the case?

If it is so, anyway, it will be difficult to find a workaround. I
already check that window.opener does exist before updating the list in
the opener (which is, I think, the reason why we get that JS error).

Ciao,

                                        seba