erw-devel

Re: [Erw-devel] fset (again) - usability recommendations/ feature reques

From: erw-devel
Subject: Re: [Erw-devel] fset (again) - usability recommendations/ feature requests
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 04:04:28 +0200

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 23:02 -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> Just curious .. is this feature being worked on? Anything I can do to help?
> I am very interested in using ERW for a few sites I work on but this is
> necessary functionality ... I don't want to invent one method (hack) if it
> will
> be offically supported anytime in the near future.

I'm making available an alpha with support for original file names. The
point, however, is that currently it does not work with previous DBs. I
want it to be backward compatible, so I'd urge anybody interested in
trying it out and check whether it works as expected. Once minor
problems are fixed, I will make it aware of the presence of the original
field or not and act accordingly.

http://erw.dsi.unimi.it/ERW-1.0.10-alpha0.tar.gz

Note that checkdb.php should complain correctly on old DBs.

Ciao,

seba