espressomd-users

Re: regarding reducing the simulation time

From: Rudolf Weeber
Subject: Re: regarding reducing the simulation time
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 17:31:24 +0200

Hi Chandra,
On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 07:45:04PM +0530, chandra shekhar maurya wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am simulating 11-ferrofluid_part1. When I increase equil_steps = 100000,
> it is taking much time. How can I reduce the simulation time?
> Please help. I will be highly obliged to you.
The algorithms used in the tutorial (in particular the dipolar P3M) are
mpi-parallelized.
So, you can run the simulation on more than one core.
In theory, it is possible to run Jupyter-notebooks with Mpi, but the setup is
likely non-trivial.
It is probably easier to save the tutorial as a Python file and run it using
mpirun -np 4 pypresso script.py

Regards, Rudolf