espressomd-users

ESPResSo 4.2.1 code freeze

From: Jean-Noël Grad
Subject: ESPResSo 4.2.1 code freeze
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 22:16:14 +0100

Dear users,

The ESPResSo team is happy to announce that the 4.2.1 bugfix release is almost ready. It addresses severe issues in the checkpointing mechanism, Brownian integration of fixed particles and reactions methods for concurrent reactions. You can see the complete list of improvements on our wiki [1] and try out an early version of the release in the corresponding PR [2].

Please note this will be the last release in the 4.2 line! If you are aware of bugs or have experienced issues with libraries or compilers, we would be grateful if you could let us know on the mailing list or on the issue tracker until January 31 2023, so that our team can investigate and take action before the release.

Best regards,
JN

Links:
[1] https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/wiki/es-421-release-notes#bug-fixes