espressomd-users

Fwd: Adding gradient magnetic field to ferrofluid simulation

From: Rudolf Weeber @ ICP
Subject: Fwd: Adding gradient magnetic field to ferrofluid simulation
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 17:10:06 +0200

Datum: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 17:06:09 +0200
Von: Rudolf Weeber @ ICP <weeber@icp.uni-stuttgart.de>
An: debayan dasgupta <debayan.dasgupta@gmail.com>

Hi,

inhomogenous magnetic fields are currently not implemented.

However, support for other rasterized, interpolated fileds exists:

https://espressomd.github.io/doc/constraints.html#interpolated-force-and-potential-fields

It would be relatively easy to add a magnetic field.

This would involve adding two couplings

* a scalar product of <m,B> for the torque

* a field gradient term for the force

See src/core/field_coupling/ForceField.hpp

If you would like to contribute this freature, I can provide some more details.

Regards, Rudolf