fab-user

[Fab-user] I can't respond to prompts using Fabric "shell" or "run" verb

From: Hancock, David (dhancock)
Subject: [Fab-user] I can't respond to prompts using Fabric "shell" or "run" verbs
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:08:32 -0500

I can't seem to see and respond to prompts (shell "read" commands) using the Fabric shell, and I'd be grateful for people telling me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to run the command line "/etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure" as part of installing Oracle, and no matter whether I enter it at a "fab>" shell prompt or via the run() command, the script reaches the first prompt and stops. I can enter what I know is the correct responses, but they are not accepted by the script and no furthe prompts appear.

Other than that, we are having a great time using Fabric to automate or semiautomate deployment of software to dev, test, and production boxes; it's a very nice tool for us.

Cheers!
--
David Hancock | address@hidden