fab-user

[Fab-user] Win32 - program does not exit

From: Erik Schweller
Subject: [Fab-user] Win32 - program does not exit
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:14:37 -0400

Hello Fabric Users,

Forgive me (and then point me in the correct direction) if I've missed
a detail, but I seem to end up with a hung script when using the 1.0a
api.  The script only seems to hang if I run on Windows and set
"shell=True".

The general pattern involves using "run" from the fabric.api module
like follows:
  result = run(command, shell=True)

I'm using shell=True as many commands may be attempted in a fairly
quickly and was receiving a "ChannelException: Administratively
prohibited" error otherwise.

This happens with Python 2.6.5.

I see there is a disconnect_all command in network.  Am I required to
use that at the end of the script when using the api directly?

Thanks for any help!
-Erik