fab-user

[Fab-user] Non-daemonized processes

From: Kenji Wellman
Subject: [Fab-user] Non-daemonized processes
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 03:59:27 -0400

Hello,
To demonstrate a problem I'm having I pasted some code below. On my server (Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit) when I run this code, and exit with CTRL C the "tail -f" process keeps running, and I have to manually send a SIGTERM signal to end it.

Since the process is a non-daemonized process I would expect it to close like in regular ssh session after it is closed. Is there any way to get functionality like that? Running processes in the foreground is useful to me when I'm staging a development version of my site.

from fabric.api import run, env

env.hosts = ['localhost']

def test():
    run('tail -f /var/log/syslog')