fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Populating env.hosts?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Populating env.hosts?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:35:53 -0500

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Xavier Ordoquy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> You'll also need to define env.host_string for each of your host.
> Fabric automatically populate it when called from command line but not within
> a python script.
>
> Regards,
> Xavier.

Xavier's correct, env.hosts updates will only affect tasks that run
later on, so it only makes sense to update env.hosts outside of a task
function (i.e. at module level), or in an env-setting task which you
run prior to running other tasks (i.e. fab set_my_hosts do_some_work).

See also http://docs.fabfile.org/0.9.3/usage/execution.html#connections

-Jeff