fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.9.7, 1.0.2, 1.1.0, and status update part 2

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.9.7, 1.0.2, 1.1.0, and status update part 2
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 08:20:34 -0700

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:30 AM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:

> More of a general observation, really.  I see so many release notes like:
>
> 0.4.1
> ----------
> Quick bug fix release
>
> But there's no way to know how long it generally is between product releases,
> how quickly the "bug fix" releases got out, etc.  Things I definitely want to
> know when contemplating use of a new product.

I get your point, I just never bothered because I always send out the
announcements at time of release =/ I guess the difference here is I
released a bunch at the same time which gave rise to the "did all
these come out...today?" confusion.

FWIW I plan to list recent releases, with dates, prominently on the
new homepage, whenever that gets put together. (Possibly soon since I
badly need a blog set up, and shaking everything up w/ the move to GH
is as good a time as any.)

--
Jeff Forcier
Unix sysadmin; Python/Ruby engineer