fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Write to stdin in operations.run

From: Michael Gliwinski
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Write to stdin in operations.run
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 09:31:17 +0100

On Monday 04 Jul 2011 04:40:45 Jorge Cardona wrote:
> I want to know if it's possible to write to the stdin pipe of a
> command in run? My problem is that I want to run a command that ask
> for a confirmation and I need to pass a "yes\n" to the stdin pipe. How
> can I do this?

This is not currently implemented, however you can still do it like this:

  run('echo yes |command')

the drawback is you're losing interactivity with "command" (e.g. if "command"
asks any other questions on stdin, it will fail; alternatively you can use
"yes" command if your answer to all the questions is the same (see man
yes(1))).

--
Michael Gliwinski
Henderson Group Information Services

It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else
is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
may be unlawful.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail
are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client
engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify address@hidden

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland,
BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12