fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Cannot change directory with a variable (worked with 0.9.

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Cannot change directory with a variable (worked with 0.9.x)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 09:57:44 -0700

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Sebastien Douche <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> With 1.x release, I cannot change directory.A stupid code example:
>
> If I write "/srv/git/main/buildouts.git" instead of url, it works.
> Same results with a run('cd %s && ls' % url).

That's pretty strange. Try using --show=debug to turn on debug output;
it will show the exact commands being sent (i.e. the run command will
include the shell wrapper and any escaping.) This would highlight
escaping/quoting problems.

Similarly, I'd try doing:

    print repr(url)

instead of just "print url", to see if perhaps some stray whitespace
is sneaking in, or something else that would cause your run-derived
value to differ from the explicit string you get good results with.

cd() hasn't changed a ton in 1.x other than splitting itself into cd()
(remote paths) and lcd() (local paths), which shouldn't apply here.

Good luck,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier