fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Sudo fails on Solaris hosts

From: Jacqueline Atkins
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Sudo fails on Solaris hosts
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:30:24 -0500

Actually, I was not clear when describing the issue.  The problem is
not sudo but rather with the shell.

When I use the following, shell= True, this works as expected on Solaris.
run('facter|grep serial', shell=True)

However, I work in a heterogeneous environment that includes AIX and
if I do not set shell=False, the output from AIX contains control
characters, etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you