fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] user root

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] user root
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:07:48 -0700

Hi Fabien,

Please see the FAQ for why "su" doesn't work as you expect:
http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.4.1/faq.html#my-cd-workon-export-etc-calls-don-t-seem-to-work

To do things with root privileges, you must be able to modify your
sudoers config so these other users can use sudo, or log in as a
sudo-capable user, or things simply aren't going to go easily for you
:)

-Jeff