fab-user

[Fab-user] Problems with 'git pull' and key authentication through Cron

From: Manuel Gonzalez
Subject: [Fab-user] Problems with 'git pull' and key authentication through Cron Jobs
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:34:58 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I have a simple method in a fabfile.py:

def pull_beta():
        with cd(env.code_dir_beta):
                run("git pull origin master")

The remote server need a passphrase to unlock the key for ~/.ssh/id_rsa, so for it, I am forwarding my local key authentication to the server with the option:  env.forward_agent = True.   Also I have the line: env.host_string = 'address@hidden, because my local user is not the same in the remote server.

The pull work fine if I run it by hand in the terminal.  The key forward do his job.   The problem is when I try automate this task through a cron job.  The pull does not work, seems like the key forward does not work.

I did a lot of test without success.  I try remove the option for forward my local key and set a user and password with env, but seems there are not an option yet for tell Fabric the password for other than sudo prompts.  I read it here:  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fab-user/2010-06/msg00000.html .

My entry for the cron job is:

30 1 * * * /usr/bin/fab -f /home/manuel/www/web.local/fabfile.py pull_beta

I try remove also without sucess (and removed the option env.forward_agent = True from the fabfile.py ):

30 1 * * * /usr/bin/fab -A -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa -f /home/manuel/www/web.local/fabfile.py pull_beta

Note, the remote server does not has Fabric install.

Thanks for any tips.