fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Upgrade Fabric to 1.10.2 does not work

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Upgrade Fabric to 1.10.2 does not work
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:35:31 -0700

I can't replicate this on my end, in a fresh virtualenv I can:

* Directly "pip install fabric==1.10.2"
* Downgrade via "pip install fabric==1.10.1"
* Upgrade via "pip install --upgrade fabric"

In each case, "fab -V" displays the expected version.

I'm on pip 6.x here but I doubt pip version matters too much.

So it's probably something specific to your local environment :( Only
thing I can think of is perhaps it's to do with your use of global
sudo + pip, though that should only be problematic if you mixed sudo
and non-sudo installations, and typically you'd see an explicit error
saying "didn't have permission to touch <files>".

Best,
Jeff