fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] How to specify pem file path when using gateway in Fabric

From: Brandon Whaley
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] How to specify pem file path when using gateway in Fabric
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 14:02:05 +0000

There is no facility in fabric to load files from the gateway machine for use as keys.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 2:08 PM Roshan Shetty <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I have asked this question on stack overflow but i haven't received any response.

My scenario:

Local host -> Gateway -> Remote host

I am using env.gateway variable to specify gateway host.

sample code

`env.user = "ec2-user"

 env.key_filename = ["/home/ec2-user/.ssh/internal.pem","/home/roshan.r/test.pem","/home/ec2-user/.ssh/test2.pem"]

 env.hosts = ['x.x.x.244', 'x.x.x.132']
 env.gateway = 'x.x.x.189'

 def getdate():
      content = run('date')

`
My problem is with pem key path.

/home/roshan.r/test.pem is located in current directory. which is used for login into gateway server.

Other two mentioned pem files are located in gateway servers. Those will be used to login to next machie.

When i run this program i'm getting file not found error.

Thanks for any help !!

Regards,
Roshan

The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” - Steve Jobs