fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Regarding fexpect in fabric python

From: Brandon Whaley
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Regarding fexpect in fabric python
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 07:24:52 +0000

I gave fexpect a look and it doesn't have any logic to handle instances where two expectations have the same lookup key.  You can see the relevant code here: https://github.com/ilogue/fexpect/blob/master/ilogue/fexpect/internals.py#L57

If I were to implement what you want to do, I would either use a dictionary for prompts on the remote side or have the remote pexpect script remove entries as they get matched.