fab-user

[Fab-user] Fabric2 parallel put undocumented or unsupported?

From: Peter Moore
Subject: [Fab-user] Fabric2 parallel put undocumented or unsupported?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:45:44 -0500

I like the improvements have been made in the new API (specifically around Connect(..).run() ) but there is a lack of documentation on how to achieve the same things you could in fabric1

I have had to rollback from fabric2 and adopt fabric3 because I cant implement parallel put with the new api. ThreadGroup does not seem to support it or maybe its a lack of knowledge on my side.

The other feedback (which may seem like a quibble) about version 2 is that although Connect looks quire clean now compared to setting the hosts env, passing connect_kwargs to Connect as a way to set password just seems unnecessarily ugly. I would think password on a single connect should have its own key in the constructor, and probably should override any additional password supplied in the connect_kwargs

Kind Regards
pete