fab-user

UnexpectedExit with -1 code

From: mglowinski93
Subject: UnexpectedExit with -1 code
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:26:55 +0100

Hi there,

I would like to ask for a help with debugging fabric.

I’m using code from auto-response example:

http://docs.fabfile.org/en/2.5/getting-started.html#superuser-privileges-via-auto-response

After executing command as default user it is working fine . I got the response from server.

But after putting command in su -c ‘COMMAND’ I am getting error like below:

Error: Encountered a bad command exit code!

Command: "su -c 'ls'"

Exit code: -1

Stdout: already printed

Stderr: n/a (PTYs have no stderr)

Exit code: -1

It used to work with linux image which was builded with yocto 2.5.1, but stopped after building with yocto 2.7.

I can’t use sudo from fabric, because server does not support that command. There is only su.

I checked that command manually over SSH and it is working on server.

I will be grateful for tips what can be wrong😊

Regards,

Mateusz Głowiński