fab-user

Re: Fabric ssh not working as before

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: Fabric ssh not working as before
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 12:44:23 -0400

To be fair,

> The meaning of upgrade is old features should work as it is

This is why semantic versioning is a thing - the significance of updating the major version number implies backwards compatibility. Obviously all projects implement this differently, but in my case, 2.x definitely meant a rewrite.

We may add compatibility layers in the future to help people migrate (certainly, we'll keep adding convenience features on top of the new API, so that the migration is at least easier even if not drop-in) but I'd definitely suggest updating how you deploy software to prevent upgrading major versions until you've the time to make large changes.