fastcgipp-users

Re: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] FastCGI++ is indeed fast

From: ninti
Subject: Re: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] FastCGI++ is indeed fast
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:10:21 +1030

I'm still a C++ newbie from the PHP-cut-and-paste-and-modify-til-it-works
school
of programming. I tried a couple of Sqlite C++ libraries until finding sdsqlite
which just worked:

http://blog.earthbrowser.com/2009/05/sqlite-c-wrapper-so-you-dont-have-to.html

When I skill up enough I'd like to maybe plug Sqlite into Asql. The Sqlite API
is
apparently not so difficult, but I struggle a bit with the documentation.

Not sure if Sqlite loads db into memory, it appears to be basically a flat file
type of db that understands a large subset of SQL commands. These pages suggest
that Sqlite3 can be used as either an on-disk (default) or in-memory database:

http://www.sqlite.org/inmemorydb.html
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=InMemoryDatabase

Some general info about why Sqlite can be fast:
http://www.sqlite.org/different.html

My Sqlite queries are done one after another using sdsqlite in a class
instantiated inside response().
The results are stored in a struct which is then fed as a (reference) parameter
to an HTML class instantiated inside response().
Methods called on the HTML class are then sent to out stream.