fenfire-dev

Re: [Fenfire-dev] JoDi article process

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] JoDi article process
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:34:29 +0300

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 01:17:21PM +0300, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> >Hmm, I guess that could do it, if we also agree about each of us changing
> >only certain things.
> >
> >Suggestion:
> >
> >1) Only I change the imported literature (I've so far spatially placed
> >the ones I've gone through suitably for myself, and would like to keep
> >it that way - we may need personal spaces)

> >2) we each have our own canvas or a separator line or something

I'm getting more and more the opinion that a layout on a 2D canvas is
a very personal thing. Two people editing a text together will do much better
than when they edit a canvas full of notes together.

It's like my desk - if someone else uses it, I don't know where things are after
that.

> Well, these are completely different issues-- again, it would be nice if
> you could explain the problems first.

Sorry, I'll try to explain more.

I agree it's bad - but it's definitely only temporary.

> Things like categorizing articles don't seem useful if not all of us are
> allowed to do it. Also not being allowed to import articles seems really
> bad.

Anyone can categorize, by placing on *their* canvases.
Anyone can import, but please place it in their own space.

In the space I have, I want to remember what I've read and what not yet.

Maybe we should make the official imports separate from that but
we haven't had that chance yet.

        Tuomas