fenfire-dev

[Fenfire-dev] Re: Repost 2: Functional PEG

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Re: Repost 2: Functional PEG
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:25:51 +0300

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 10:55:56AM +0300, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

Hi Tuomas,

this version of the PEG is better, but the real problems aren't addressed yet: I still don't know (quickly looking through the API javadoc) what hints are, what nodes are, what placeholders are, and what background groups are...

These really need to be explained.

Trying to do so below.

Ok, I understand placeholders now.

I don't understand FunctionInstance-- an instance of the class FunctionInstance represents an instance of a class implementing Function or NodeFunction? What's the point here? Why not use Function itself?

I still don't understand what hints are. I also don't know what a Functional is (it has no javadoc?!?).

I think that the "Creating functions" section may be the place to expand on how the whole thing works.

- Benja