fenfire-dev

Re: [Fenfire-dev] Repost: Functional PEG

From: Hermanni Hyytiala
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Repost: Functional PEG
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:18:41 +0300

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

PEG functional_futureproof_api--tjl: =============================================================

:Author:   Tuomas J. Lukka
:Last-Modified: $Date: 2003/09/05 13:22:02 $
:Revision: $Revision: 1.4 $

Functions and caching are here to stay with us. However, the caching is currently pretty nasty for the programmer
and requires active thinking, especially in the case of super-lazy
functions (i.e. caches that schedule evaluation only after being
requested the value and return a placeholder).

This PEG provides a future-proof API for handling functions and caching
cleanly.

What is *the* fundamental reason why functions and caching want to stay with us? I could imagine this PEG tries to solve the issues related to "smoothier interface experience" -issues, but I'm not sure.

[ps: Is this PEG somehow related to zzstructure's features that we try to implement in RDF, or...]

-Hermanni