fenfire-dev

Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG swamp_easier--benja: An easier API for Swamp

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG swamp_easier--benja: An easier API for Swamp
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:48:39 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> An easier API for Swamp

> But Swamp must also be easy to use, because it is
> the API that everyone hacking Fenfire will have to learn
> in order to do anything, so it is vital that it doesn't
> have a steep learning curve.

What's wrong with it currently?-)

> Conclusion
> ==========
>
> I believe this API will be substantially simpler to use
> than the one we have at the moment, and not lose
> anything w.r.t. speed. In fact, it may speed things up
> in the future, because we can cache the ``Triples`` objects.

I see reading and writing subj./pred./obj./ very irritating because then I
need to remember the order of RDF triplet. It's a lot harder than 1XA
thing.

Anyway, I don't have any cons for iterating trough triplets instead of
nodes and the idea for this peg was it, wasn't it? (Please make
another peg for method names.. :)

   -Matti