fenfire-dev

Re: [Fenfire-dev] Jodi article, deadlines

From: Alatalo Toni
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Jodi article, deadlines
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:38:21 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:

> We *really* need to get better at deadlines. There was so much hurry
> that I can now see significant problems with the article: e.g. the
> FenPDF section didn't mention a lot of important points.

i did not have a chance to participate hardly at all,
although would have wanted a lot. (had an overlapping deadline)
(well the root cause was of course earlier, in August when i was focusing
on programming for another project)

> How about a policy: if we don't have a *full* draft two weeks
> before a deadline, for circulating to people we know in the field
> for the comments, we just forget about the deadline?

sounds reasonable. my prof. has said it should be a month, but two weeks
might suffice (if you don't need comments from very busy/slow response
people).

>       Tuomas

~Toni

P.S. cc'ing to Kyperjokki where the other deadline was,
we should apply the same principle there.