fenfire-dev

Re: [Fenfire-dev] URGENT: InBCT 2.1 plan for 2004

From: Alatalo Toni
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] URGENT: InBCT 2.1 plan for 2004
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:47:39 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:

(now that i'm busy with osx build, something about testing portability
could perhaps be mentioned, but my actual point was something else:)

> - Start testing shrinking of the FenPDF user interface to mobile-sized screens
>   (specifically requested by Nokia in beginning of 2003, causing us
>   to create the framework for custom controllers)
> - Further develop FenPDF-like interfaces to be applicable to e.g.
> photographs,

another approach to mobile use is having the small devices as sort-of
remote controls to the environment, where may e.g. be large displays with
richer visualisations (driven by more powerful computers).

of course standalone lite apps in small devices is important per se (for
Nokia), but, well, i'm working on this other approach :) and have done it
in collaboration with Nokia before (and it's done quite a lot elsewhere
too).

perhaps this is not part of the InBCT work, but an example of
collaboration with other groups (if we decide to use Fenfire for such
projects), if you want to mention something about it.

> - Storm-based transparent collaboration: two people meeting in a coffee shop
>   and working together on the same document, both with their own computers,
>   transparently synchronizing through a *local* network, with no servers
>   involved, later synching the results to the whole working group.

this comes close to the scenario i'm thinking from another angle.

interesting stuff, looking forward to the coming year :)

~Toni