fenfire-dev

[Fenfire-dev] Fwd: More

From: Joel Lassiter
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Fwd: More
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:20:04 +0200

He stretched out his hand for it. For some length of time that seemed very long (and so was, since the pain and the stormy haze were the only two things which existed) those sounds were the only outer reality.

The wind, only the wind. Had he known, before this had he really known how badly she had cowed him, or how much of his essential self — the liver and lights of his spirit — she had scraped away? Well, she saw through you, shit-for-brains, the typewriter said in its nasty, insolent voice. If I start out on the bike at first light, I might even be able to make it back before noon.

Whenever she came into the room he thought of the graven images worshipped by superstitious African tribes in the novels of H. Annie was not swayed by pleas.

And had her heart risen up when Misery told Ian she was pregnant and Ian had crushed her to him, tears flowing from his eyes, muttering "My dear, oh, my dear! She reached in and took out a handful of something and flung it into the face of the first sleeping Paul Sheldon.