fiasco-dev

Some newbie questions

From: alfred . j . wheeler
Subject: Some newbie questions
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:15:05 -0400

Hi All,
1.
I noted that pspp is only available as source, not binaries. I tried
compiling with cygwin32 on windows 98, but no luck. It complained
of not knowing host type. I issued a set command to examine the
environment variables and observed that host type is set to i686.
Suggestions, please?

2.
I am hoping to compile using MinGW, to minimize or eliminate 3rd
party dll requirements.

3.
I think I noticed that no GUI is provided for this tool. Am I correct?
Is there a sub-project in place to cover this? If not is there a
perceived need for it?

I think any further question(s), etc. depends on response.

Thanks,
:)