[fluid-dev] Re: Change Banks with midi messages. Check & Results.

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: Change Banks with midi messages. Check & Results.
Date: 01 Aug 2003 19:16:50 +0200

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 03:44, holborn wrote:

<cut>

> and even Ctrl 0 128 ---> Bank 128
>
> That's extrange because the midi specifications say BankMSB values (1-127)
> Of course ... that's for all the midi channels except the channel 10.... who
> only sounds with bank 128 (Drums)

That would be strange, especially since you can't send a value of 128 to
a 7 bit controller :) I think the correct way to set bank 128 is to send
a "1" to the MSB (controller 0) and a "0" to the LSB (controller 32),
but it might actually be the other way around, since some equipment
doesn't use the LSB at all. The behavior you described with having to
send a program change after a bank change before an instrument is
selected is part of the MIDI specification.

<cut>

> That's for all the channels except the channel 10 ..who only sounds with bank
> 128 (Drums) like the emu10k1 device, the difference was .... i cant obtain
> Bank 128 in the rest of the channels ...

Glad its working for you though, cheers.
        Josh Green