Re: [fluid-dev] Cannot load soundfont

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Cannot load soundfont
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:37:44 -0800

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 09:22, Claus Madsen wrote:
> When trying loading a sf.2 in Fluidsynth-1.0.3 on RedHat 9.0  , 512 MB ram,
> only this happens:
> load GM543kb.sf2
> fluidsynth: error: Unable to open file "GM543kb.sf2"
> fluidsynth: error: Couldn't load soundfont file
> fluidsynth: error: Failed to load SoundFont "GM543kb.sf2"
>  failed to load the SoundFont
> I have tried with different soundfonts, same result.

Thats strange. Make sure you have permissions to read those files. If
you still can't figure it out try running FluidSynth through strace like
"strace fluidsynth soundfont.sf2 2>&1 | less" which will give you a ton
of output but pipe it through less. Then type a "/" character in less
and type a part of the phrase "Unable to open file" blah blah, to search
for that text in the strace output. Look at the strace output before
that error message, it might give you a clue as to why the open is
failing (look for open calls, etc). Hit "q" to quit less. Cheers.
        Josh