Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth-1.0.3 and ladcca-0.4.0

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth-1.0.3 and ladcca-0.4.0
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:27:06 -0800

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 23:56, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> CCA_Use_Alsa and CCA_Use_Jack aren't defined with the new ladcca.
> I grepped the ladcca-0.4.0 sources and found this in the NEWS file:
>
> * removed CCA_Use_Jack and CCA_Use_Alsa client flags; sending the server
>   the jack client name or alsa client id now suffices
>
> I don't know how to patch fluidsynth.c :(

Thats ok, I think I do :) I checked it into FluidSynth CVS, although its
fairly trivial to do yourself. Just find CCA_Use_Jack and CCA_Use_Alsa
in the fluidsynth.c file and comment out those 2 if statements (or just
delete them if you feel militant) like so:

      /*
      if (fluid_settings_str_equal(settings, "audio.driver", "jack")) {
        flags |= CCA_Use_Jack;
      }
      if (fluid_settings_str_equal(settings, "midi.driver", "alsa_seq"))
{
        flags |= CCA_Use_Alsa;
      }
      */