Re: [fluid-dev] ANNOUNCE: QSynth 0.0.1 - Qt interface to fluidsynth

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] ANNOUNCE: QSynth 0.0.1 - Qt interface to fluidsynth
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:29:45 -0000 (WET)

>> It seems like g++-3.2 is hardcoded as the compiler.. look at
>> qsynth.mak
>
> As somebody else pointed out to me this comes from my qt installation.

Yep, I'm affraid that was me ;)

Please note that I'm not a QT guru nor have any liability to Trolltech, so
this is just my own thoughs.

For you to build qsynth from source asis, the QT3.1 particular
developement tools (qmake, uic, moc, etc.) are mandatory prerequisites.

The qsynth configure script is just an hack and an autoconf wrapper for
qmake stuff. It may be far from perfect but it just works (most of the
time, at least :) OTOH qsynth.mak is generated at make time.

Now let's get to the point in question:

Each qt3-devel environment supplies a qmake.conf file dedicated to your
very specific and target platform. If you look around, this file has the
global settings for qmake on your specific machine, architecture,
operating-system, compiler, etc.

AFAIK this file is pointed under $QTDIR/mkspecs/default/, which is
generally a symlink to a system specific directory (e.g.
$QTDIR/mkspecs/linux-g++/).

If you ever want to change the qmake behaviour or specifications (using
other compiler than g++ ?), you should edit your own qmake.conf file and
make it under a directory symlinked by $QTDIR/mkspecs/default.

You can also set an environment variable, but don't remember now its name
(sort of QMAKEMKSPEC...)

Hope this helps.

Regards.
--