Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid and Swami

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid and Swami
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:16:18 -0800

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 10:23, Edenyard wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>    I'd greatly appreciate some help on this: I downloaded Fluid V1.0.3
> today, followed by Swami 0.9.2 I compiled and installed Fluid without
> problems; however, when trying to ./configure Swami, it runs to the end
> and then lists Fluidsynth among 'disabled features'.
>
>    It's been a few months (and a new Slackware installation) since I
> last ran Fluid and Swami and I know that I had them both working then.
> Please - what am I doing wrong? Sorry to waste bandwidth on what is
> probably a very dumb question.
>
>    (If it matters, I'm running kernel 2.4.22 on a Slackware 9.1 system)
>
>    Thanks for any pointers!
>
>    Cheers,
>
>       Gerald.

Hello, Swami uses pkg-config to locate FluidSynth. Its likely that you
just don't have the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable pointing to the prefix
where FluidSynth got installed. By default FluidSynth installs in
/usr/local so you would execute this command (put in ~/.bash_profile or
something to make it permanent):
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

Then re-run ./configure for Swami. If it turns out to not be something
like this you can test things from the command line like so:
pkg-config --modversion fluidsynth

Which should output the version you are using, "1.0.3" in this case. At
that point make sure there is a fluidsynth.pc file installed in
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig. Hope that helps.
        Josh Green