[fluid-dev] Re: fluidsynth and jack on mac

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: fluidsynth and jack on mac
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:21:46 -0800

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 10:44, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2004, at 9:23 PM, Josh Green wrote:
>
> As you can see it's called jack_portaudio.so and not libjack.so.

Ok, then -l<name> wont work, since it specifically looks for
lib<name>.so.

> >> [molgraphics:~/fluidsynth-1.0.3] ebrahimm% pkg-config --list-all
> >> libpng        libpng12 - Loads and saves PNG files
> >> libpng12      libpng12 - Loads and saves PNG files
> >> fluidsynth            FluidSynth - Software SoundFont synth
> >> jack                  jack - the Jack Audio Connection Kit: a low latency
> >> synchronous

Whats the output of "pkg-config --cflags --libs jack" ? Its likely there
is something wrong with the pkg-config data which is causing the build
to not work right.

> What if I were to rename the "jack_portaudio.so" libraries to
> "libjack_portaudio.so" using "sudo mv"(if this does not break the Jack
> installation), then add "-ljack" to the Makefile ? ...I am inclined to
> agree with you: there has got to be some way that the Jack libraries
> path in /usr/local/lib must be correctly detected. If necessary, I
> could probably e-mail Stéphane Letz and company to run this naming fix?

What you can do is specify the library name directly during the link
stage. So just add "/usr/local/lib/jack_portaudio.so". That should
probably do it.

> Thanks for your help.
> Ebrahim

Regards,