[fluid-dev] Re: fluid-dev Digest, Vol 13, Issue 2

From: Stéphane Letz
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: fluid-dev Digest, Vol 13, Issue 2
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:00:56 +0100

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:44:11 +0200
From: Ebrahim Mayat <address@hidden>
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: fluidsynth and jack on mac
To: address@hidden

On Mar 8, 2004, at 9:23 PM, Josh Green wrote:

Try adding -ljack. You may need to add the path to where Jack resides
as
well. Do you know where it installed itself? On Linux it usually ends
up
in /usr/local/lib called libjack.so (if I remember correctly).

As you can see it's called jack_portaudio.so and not libjack.so.
Running a make results in:

No.  jack_portaudio.so is a jack driver, not the server itself.

On MacOSX jack is compiled as a framework :

Thus the -framework Jack must be used instead of -ljack

What if I were to rename the "jack_portaudio.so" libraries to
"libjack_portaudio.so" using "sudo mv"(if this does not break the Jack
installation), then add "-ljack" to the Makefile ? ...I am inclined to
agree with you: there has got to be some way that the Jack libraries
path in /usr/local/lib must be correctly detected. If necessary, I
could probably e-mail Stéphane Letz and company to run this naming fix?

The next version of the jack package will contain a jack.pc file so that generic code can find the right link option to use.

In the meantime the -ljack to -framework will have to be done manually.

Stephane Letz