Re: [fluid-dev] external effects

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] external effects
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:25:22 +0100

Conrad,

I quickly wrote a simple application to show the use
of the new_fluid_audio_driver2 function and how to insert your
own effects code after the synthesizer. It is available at:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/fluid/fluidsynth/doc/fluidsynth_fx.c?rev=HEAD

Cheers,

Conrad Berhörster wrote:
Hello Markus,

good point.
I think, MIDI effects are the build in Effects which can be obtained through MIDI messages, right?

So i think, we talk about Audio effects. For example a filter to manipulate a instrument in realtime. But since i implement multiplattform software, i can't use LADSPA. In my opinion, i need a way to get the audio stream somewhere before rendering.
or another idea is to implement effects as MIDI effects with sysex.
Is this a way??
any idea....

sizu c~

address@hidden wrote:

Moi,

please clarify: are you talking about MIDI effects or audio effects?
MIDI effects can be implemented with the midi router API functions.

I assume you're talking about audio effects; there is a built-in effects processor, namely the LADSPA Fx unit. It needs to be enabled when fluidsynth is compiled (see ./configure --help) You can either pack your own effects as LADSPA modules, or hack the code and integrate it like reverb and chorus.
If you're interested, I could dig out some examples. Pls let me know.

Cheers

Markus