[fluid-dev] pause or suspend fluidsynth?

From: Garett Shulman
Subject: [fluid-dev] pause or suspend fluidsynth?
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:41:14 -0700

Hello, I have been trying to find a way to suspend the fluidsynth processes and have had no luck. So, I thought I might see if anybody on the list had any ideas. I use very large sound fonts that can take more than 30 seconds to load into memory. I would like to just fire up fluidsynth when I boot the machine and leave it running. However, I get poor performance out of other programs, like mplayer, when fluidsynth is running. I have tried kill -STOP and kill -CONT on the four fluidsynth processes I see. I get various errors depending on the order I stop the processes when I try to continue them. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. -Garett