Re: [fluid-dev] Other than OSS or ALSA on Linux ???

From: Tiemo Krueger - mycable.de
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Other than OSS or ALSA on Linux ???
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:20:44 +0200

Josh Green wrote:

I've used this mips CPU myself for Linux projects (actually the AU1100).
The audio driver is OSS based.

But it's not in the OSS part of the Audio Driver Config when configuring
the kernel?!?! Or are there perhaps different versions??
We're using 2.4.21 and 2.4.25 from mipsel-linux

Unfortunately the CPU does not have a
floating point unit. FluidSynth uses floating point rather heavily, so
it will most likely not run with any usable performance (due to FPU
emulation overhead).
When testing fluidsynth on my Desktop today I already learned that we're
running in problems there... CPU-Load on 1.8GHz Pentium up to 30%...

I believe at one time Peter Hanappe or Markus
Nentwig converted FluidSynth to using integer math as a test. I'm not
sure what the state of this is though.

That would be great, perhaps someone can state something about that?

Tiemo